Condenser Vocal Microphone
Because of its high level of precision and detail as well as its natural vocal reproduction, the Beta 87 was already the first choice of artists and sound engineers around the world. This classic now comes in a new design under the name Beta 87 A. At the request of many users, Shure has thickened the shaft of this microphone for a more comfortable grip.
The Shure Beta 87 A is a high-quality, pre-polarized supercardioid condenser microphone for vocals, which is characterized by an exceptionally linear transmission range and high sound pressure resistance. It is used in professional sound reinforcement, broadcast and studio recordings and combines excellent sound quality with the robustness required for touring and outside productions.
The Beta 87 A has a bass reduction that compensates for the proximity effect and prevents the dreaded drone of close-up pickups. The signature Shure presence boosts the upper mids, while the supercardioid polar pattern provides maximum isolation from other sound sources such as vocals or instruments, and allows for minimal off-axis coloration.
One of the toughest, most reliable, highest quality condenser vocal mics in the world
- supercardioid polar pattern
- Linear transmission range for precise, detailed and true to the original singing and speech transmission.
- Extremely precise supercardioid characteristic over the entire transmission range for the greatest possible feedback resistance with maximum amplification.
- Built-in three-layer windshield minimizes pops and breath noise.
- Operation with phantom power
- Transmission range: 50 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance: 100 ohms
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -54dBV/Pa (2mV)
- Maximum SPL (at 1kHz; 1k+load; 0.25% THD): 140.5dB SPL
- Inherent noise (equivalent sound pressure): 23.5 dB(A)
- Power supply: 11 to 52 V
- Current consumption: 1.2mA max
- Dimensions (L x Ø): 192 x 51 mm
- Weight: 207g
- incl. clamp and bag