Fender originally launched the Player Lead series in 1979 as a response to the plethora of high-quality, inexpensive imported guitars. But with the Lead models, a completely new creative era began at Fender, because the slim new solid-body design with hardtail bridge and cool new interconnections was extremely well received.
The Player Lead II pays homage to the models of the late 70's. With two slanted Player Series single coils, a modern C-profile neck with medium-jumbo frets, two toggle switches (one for pickup selection, the other for phase reversal) and of course the characteristic lead shaping with double cutaway. Available in Neon Green, also in the authentic vintage colors Crimson Red Transparent and Black.
The Player Lead Series: Unique style, lots of power and musical versatility in extremely easy-to-play instruments.
- Body: alder
- bolted neck: maple
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Black Dots fretboard inlays
- Neck profile: Modern C
- Fingerboard radius: 241 mm (9.49")
- Scale length: 648 mm (25.51")
- Saddle width: 42 mm (1.65")
- Saddle made of synthetic bone
- 22 medium jumbo frets
- Pickup: Player Series Alnico 5 Strat Single Coils (Bridge + Neck)
- Master Volume and Master Tone
- 3-way switch
- 3-ply black pickguard
- 6-Saddle String Through Body Hardtail bridge with block saddles
- Vintage style tuners
- Nickel/Chrome Hardware
- Original stringing: Fender USA 250L NPS .009 - .042